06 April 2010

Planet Baobab

We recently took a break and visited Planet Baobab, on the edges of the Ntwetwe Pan near Gweta. Here are a few images that I captured.

Wild Hibiscus flower, 
much sought after by these beetles
One of the other very colourful and interesting dwellers of the baobab trees at Planet Baobab
This frog is only about an inch long from head to tail, and has metallic green stripes. It would not oblige by sitting still for me to get a proper photo of it.
Our favourite corner of our favourite bar
photo taken through the hole in the wall of our favourite corner!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos of your trip to a most interesting spot.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics especially the one through the hole

Val said...

hehe lovely pics!!
i think that is a baby bullfrog?
and the golden orb spider.....
love the pic of karen in the corner :-)

karen said...

Great place, isn't it? As ever, wish I was back there instead of here at the moment! x

Lori ann said...

wish i were there too, thank you so much for sharing! (even the spider) :)

LindyLouMac said...

Gorgeous photos I look forward to enjoying many more.

Good morning I am introducing myself and visiting your blog as I am a fellow contributor to the fun new collective Beautiful World